Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod fell (camera to close to apple logo side) in a ball half filled with water. I pulled it out quickly!!! It was working fine cleaned it but i tapped the back against my hand to let some of the water out. Switched it off and now its not switching on.

So my ipod fell halfway from the camera to the apple logo in a ball filled half way with water..I tapped it hard against my hand to get some of the water out and each time some did. I quickly cleaned it and it was working perfectly but i tapped it again on my hand and switched it off and now its completely dead. I tried to charge it for about a min and put it in rice for almost 4 hours now i have it connected to my laptop still dead BUT ITS HOT AT THE TOP CORNER BY THE CAMERA TILL ABOUT HALFWAY BEFORE THE APPLE LOGO....I will be trying the rice again. 😟 I bought it with a bit of my savings would suck to have it dead so soon purchased in July. ipod 5th gen

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 9:48 PM

2 replies

My Ipod fell (camera to close to apple logo side) in a ball half filled with water. I pulled it out quickly!!! It was working fine cleaned it but i tapped the back against my hand to let some of the water out. Switched it off and now its not switching on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.