Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating Wiki Server 10.8.5 to 10.9 Mavericks

Hello all,

i'm trying so hard to complete this migration i followed this instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5697 but when i came to the point

sudo serveradmin start postgres_server

i get the following error:

postgres_server:error = "CANNOT_START_SERVICE_ERR"

and again on the next point error again:

dropdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting
    connections on Unix domain socket "/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I've looked little around in the Server Files on Mavericks and i can only find smthg like this here ".s.PGSQL.5432" in

/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket/.s.PGSQL.5432

Thanks for any help 🙂

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 10:47 PM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2013 4:25 AM in response to tim_r_66

Nedzadg,

It turns out the postgres_server service is gone. Apple has made changes again to the database lineup/configuration. The postgres service may handle all the databases now, and the sockets are in a couple different locations.

Because I lost confidence that I could successfully import 10.8.5/2.2.2 data into a 10.9/3 system, I switched strategies and have rebult a 10.8.5/2.2.2 system to restore my data. I *may* try to upgrade to 10.9/3 and get good arches in the newer formats.

Tim

Migrating Wiki Server 10.8.5 to 10.9 Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.