Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt iPhoto Library? iPhoto starts but no photos window opens?

When I start iPhoto the program looks like it starts, the top menu bar show up but no photos show up. No window opens at all. I can see that all my photos are in the library in the Masters folder. From doing a bit of reading it sounds like my library might be corrupt, but I can't seem to do the rebuild action on the library. I try to open iPhoto by holding down the option and command key while opening the program, but it does not give me the option to rebuild the library like the instructions say at. Nothing happens. I do have everything backed up, but the photos are there just the library doesn't seem to be working. I'm using an Intel 2 Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, OS10.6.8 with iPhoto v. 9.2.3. How can I get iPhoto to open the library again?

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 12:49 AM

It sounds more like that the iPhoto window is lost in one of the window switching modes on OSX rather an a problem with the Library. Try use the All WIndows command to see if you can find. Check your system preferences for that.

1 reply

Corrupt iPhoto Library? iPhoto starts but no photos window opens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.