Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" (2013) is switch off but fan run at full speed

Hello to everyone,

I have this 'fan runs when I power down the iMac' issue with my 2013 27' iMac purchased in January.

My Imac has worked flawlessly until yesterday, after a few days ago I started to use the usb hub (powered USB 3.0 4 ports hub).

Yesterday morning after working normally I put the iMac in standby mode (menu apple-stop); yesterday evening I try to wake up the iMac with no responses. I tryied to shut down by holding down the power button without any results. At the end I unplugged power cord, at which point the fan starts to rotate at high speed, stopping only when I turn on the imac.

After that the imac works on a regular basis when turned on. Then when I turn it off (apple menu-shutdown) the fans start again until I pulled the plug.

I tried resetting smc and pram, without success.

Here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4628811?start=15&tstart=0

I find more guys with similar issues...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Daniele

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iMac 27 - i7 - 3TB fusion - GTX680

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 1:47 AM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2013 5:18 PM in response to danielemion

Contact Apple's Support, formerly Apple Express Lane and let them deal with it since your machine's fully covered for the first year.—three years if you have AppleCare's protection plan. If you do and you're within 50 miles (80 KM) of an Apple repair station, you might be eligible for an onsite repair since yours is a desktop machine (depends on where you're located).

iMac 27" (2013) is switch off but fan run at full speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.