Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to synch separate email accounts/clients to different ipads?

Am I able to synch separate email accounts/clients to different ipads from the same machine?

Two users, each have an ipad. On the same machine. one user utilizes the Mac mail client, the other uses Outlook for Mac, both users using the same machine login and user profile. I want to synch my iPad's mail and folders to Outlook but leave the other iPad synching to the Mac Mail client.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

-Sam

iPad, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 6:35 AM

If you each have separate iPads and separate email accounts, whether you use one computer or not doesn't matter. What matters is if you both have IMAP email accounts. If you don't have IMAP, you cannot sync mail anyway. It doesn't work with POP email.

2 replies

Nov 21, 2013 9:57 PM in response to Demo

Well.. that is lame. IMHO, it shouldn't matter if I have POP or IMAP, so long as the data set is on the local machine it should synch my folders. I can't stand not being able to add folders on the ipad mail client..

anyway.. thanks very much.. though it's not the answer I hoped for I appreaciate it.

-Sam

Am I able to synch separate email accounts/clients to different ipads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.