Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook New Topcase Not Working

So after i figure out the problem i was having before in my previous discussion, i threw away the new topcase that was working completely fine for a few months and used an external mouse and keyboard til i could find another one.

Low and behold i bought a new black topcase,excited to finally have my frankenbook finally finished. Plugged it into the logic board, powered on fine..... and what do you know, the trackpad and keyboard do not work! The power button also refuses to work once it is on, only time it works is when i boot it up. I have looked into issues with new topcase's not working and that they need a new SMC firmware update.Tried downloading the update which my computer says i do not need as it is upto date

Macbook 2.4 ghz early 2008

1.3f1

Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue?

I have read that sometimes the connector on the logic board can become loose but i have checked it and all seems fine. Really annoying as there was no issues when i bought the logic board and new topcase and used it for month's, then the old issue before of my screen dying due to one of the pins under the topcase shorting something out. Then the topcase itself completely stopped working, now finally have a new topcase and the bloody thing will still not work!!

Only thing i am going to try out now is to buy a new cable that connects the topcase to the logic board and see if that helps... although the topcase was new anyway so the cable should work fine.

In hindsight i wish i just bought a used blackbook off ebay instead of building one myelf

😟 😟 😟 😟

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 6:53 AM

10 replies

Nov 23, 2013 11:11 AM in response to CustomDevil

Ok here is an update, formatted my Hard drive and tarted from scratch, installed Snow Leopard and after it had installed it said that it could not detect a keyboard at all. Could this be a Logic board issue then? I do not understand a the previous keyboard had worked fine but then screwed up, could this be a problem with the board and that the previous topcase was still functional?

Someone please help

Macbook New Topcase Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.