Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the last software update for mountain lion I am having a problem when moving screenshots to trash. Now a Finder box appears saying finder wants to make changes and I have to enter my password for every action.

Since the last software update for mountain lion, I am having a problem when trying to remove any screenshots to the trash. A box appears saying "Finder wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this"

I have checked Finder Preferences and cannot find any box that I can 'UNTICK' to resolve this. I sometimes take a lot of screenshots when I am researching something and now find I have to enter my password for every screenshot to be removed to trash.

Anyone got a solution please, Thanks

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 8:56 AM

Have you looked at the previous discussions listed on the right side of this page under the heading "More Like This"?

2 replies

Since the last software update for mountain lion I am having a problem when moving screenshots to trash. Now a Finder box appears saying finder wants to make changes and I have to enter my password for every action.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.