Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I un-pause launchpad?

When I hover the cursor over the launchpad icon on my imac it says "launch pad paused" It has been like that for more than a day and I am not sure how to un-pause Launchpad. Help!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2017 8:07 AM

This is what finally worked for me. I had Yosemite installed that was triggered by another application download and I am already on Sierra, so I stopped it and it went into "PAUSE". I tried deleting it from Launchpad and that didn't work. Kept looking online for solutions when I found your easy steps. Thanks!

1) open App Store app

2) click on 'Store' / 'Check for unfinished downloads'

3) enter credentials when requested from App Store

4) done

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2017 8:07 AM in response to Ralf M

This is what finally worked for me. I had Yosemite installed that was triggered by another application download and I am already on Sierra, so I stopped it and it went into "PAUSE". I tried deleting it from Launchpad and that didn't work. Kept looking online for solutions when I found your easy steps. Thanks!

1) open App Store app

2) click on 'Store' / 'Check for unfinished downloads'

3) enter credentials when requested from App Store

4) done

how do I un-pause launchpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.