Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB device not recognized

Hi! I have an iPhone 4. My laptop does not recognize it. BUT, my iPhone is recognized by other laptops, and my laptop recognizes any other Apple device. HELP, please!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 10:09 AM

14 replies

Nov 22, 2013 12:40 AM in response to CProstire

(1) Have you tried a different USB Cable?

(2) Is your iTunes set up to Open when Your iPhone is Connected?

(3) Does your iPhone charge via the Apple Power Adaptor?

(4) Reboot iPhone - ReBoot Computer -

(5) Make sure your iPhone & iTunes are both running the latest Updates..

(6) Turn Your iPhone Off, then connect to the computer - see if it activates..

Nov 22, 2013 1:00 AM in response to CProstire

It's the driver problem with your drivers in your PC, nothing with the cable and nor with the iPhone.

Try few of the links and see if it works. or else reistall your OS on pc with latest version of windows atleast 7 for that matter. Don't Install XP.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3741-how-to-install-ipod-and-iphone-driver-without-itu nes

http://www.copytrans.net/support/install-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad-drivers-with out-installing-itunes/

Mar 23, 2014 7:20 AM in response to CProstire

I’m pretty sure everyone updated they’re phone to 7.1 and they’re iTunes to 11.1.5… and probably plugged their device in the USB port. Then hit “trust this computer”. And STILL couldn’t find it. OR, even uninstalled iTunes a zillion times and then tried a new cord.. I was just playing around with my computer and found the solution for Windows 8 users. And possibly Windows 7 users. For Mac users: try something similar..

1. Plug your device in and do the usual “Trust This Computer” ******** on your device..
  2. Hit START on your computer..
  3. Type in PC SETTINGS..
  4. Click PC AND DEVICES..
  5. Click DEVICES..
  6. Under OTHER DEVICES, click “Apple IPhone/IPad/IPod”..
  7. Click REMOVE DEVICE..
  8. Take the USB out.. Then plug it back in..
  9. WALLAH..

USB device not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.