Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I change the position of the 'Top Collections' feature box?

In Public Site Manager I can select or de-select and change the position (ordering) of all the feature boxes on my provider page except for 'Top Collections'. As a result of this 'Top Collections' remains fixed at the bottom of the page. I'd like to move it to the top of the page so it's the first feature box that users see. What gives?

Options in Public Site Manager (notice there is no option to select or move 'Top Collections')

User uploaded file

iTunes U Provider Page (notice that 'Top Collections' is at the bottom of the page)

User uploaded file

iTunes U-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 11:58 AM

3 replies

Nov 22, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Tom-Williams

Hi Tom--

I'm not sure how to do what you want, and actually think it isn't possible. However, I agree that it should be. It would be good to have the top collection populate on the screen without a scroll-down.

I'm having another issue, in that my feature boxes aren't put new content in them automatically (the What's New box) and when rearranging my custom feature boxes, the order of the content isn't taking.

Thought I'd check to see if you've encountered any of that as well.

Thanks-

Julie

Nov 22, 2013 10:38 AM in response to juliecolorado

Hi Julie

Thanks for the reply.

I can move the 'Top Downloads' box but not the 'Top Collections' box.

I don't use the What's New feature box so unfortunately I can't comment on that. In regards to the ordering in custom feature boxes I think it's no longer possible order the items. Or rather you can order the icons in Public Site Manager but in iTunes it orders them automatically by 'Most Popular', 'Name' or 'Release Date', with Most Popular being the default option. I do have my doubts, however, about the reliability of the 'Most Popular' ordering. I know for a fact that there are many collections / downloads on my iTunes U site which are way more popular than those that iTunes deems to be the most popular.

Regards

Tom

Why can't I change the position of the 'Top Collections' feature box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.