Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 4s. After I updated ios7.0.3 my wifi is geyed out. I expected after ios7.0.4 update wifi will work again, but does not. It annoying, because I have to use my data... Does anyone know when it will be fixed or does anyone have the same problem?

I have 4s. After I updated ios7.0.3 my wifi is geyed out. I expected after ios7.0.4 update wifi will work again, but does not. It annoying, because I have to use my data... Does anyone know when it will be fixed or does anyone have the same problem?😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 1:03 PM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2013 10:34 PM in response to auksep

i had the same issue - iphone 4s updated to ios7.0.4. wi-fi worked for a couple of days and then became greyed out.

i followed the apple instructions to deal with it http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559 and i continued to have the greyed wi-fi.

i took it to the genius bar today where they ran an hardware diagnostic test and i was told it wasn't the software but a wi-fi issue and they replaced my two month old phone on the spot. maybe you should follow their suggestions and if that doesn't work book into the genius bar.

Feb 2, 2014 10:13 AM in response to auksep

I have the same problem. After the upgrade, my wifi is greyed out, and the battery won't hold a charge long. I reset all the settings, tried all the things suggested by Apple, but it didn't work. I took the phone to Verizon, but they said they can't fix it, go to Apple

I made an appointment at the Genius bar, where the staff was incredibly rude and dismissive. A representative told me that the wi-fi is broken and I would need to buy a new phone for $200, because mine is out of warranty. I'm due for an upgrade in a few months, so I'm not going to pay $200 for another 4S now. I'm also not going to buy any more Apple products. Their upgrade caused this problem, and they are not standing behind their producet.

I have 4s. After I updated ios7.0.3 my wifi is geyed out. I expected after ios7.0.4 update wifi will work again, but does not. It annoying, because I have to use my data... Does anyone know when it will be fixed or does anyone have the same problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.