Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge my Itunes account with my Icloud account

Hi Readers!

I bought a Macbook Pro Retina today but I am running into a registration issue with Itunes and Icloud.

When I try to register the Macbook I have to put in my Itunes account (name: mflentge), because of the use of Icloud I have to put in an e-mailadress to register Icloud to my Itunes account.

Unfortunately my main e-mailadress already has an Icloud account attached to it, so I'm not able to register this e-mailadress.

I would very much like to use I-cloud and Itunes from the same Itunes account (mflentge), and it being connected to my main e-mailadress.

My question:

How can I merge my Itunes and Icloud account?

There are no important purchases or data on either of the accounts, so I don't mind deleting one if that means I can use my Apple ID + my main e-mailadress as one account.

Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Max

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 2:10 PM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2013 11:35 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for your reply Winston Churchill,

My main problem with dropping my Icloud account is that my Icloud account is registered under my main e-mail adres.

Can I use my current ICloud account to be my Itunes account aswell?

Also i've been thinking to switch to the @me.com e-mailadress, are there any known limitations on the use of this e-mail (I have a Android Phone for instance, will I be able to set up an Apple e-mail account on it?).

Best regards,

Max

How do I merge my Itunes account with my Icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.