Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks runaway page turning on iPad

When reading any book on iBooks in portrait mode, if I accidentally touch the right-most edge of the screen, the pages start flipping rapidly (20-30 pages per second) forward before I can get my finger off the screen.

Nomal single-tapping moves one page at at a time as it should. This behavior doesn't happen on the iPhone, incidentally.

It's very frustrating because I have to page back a page at a time until I find the page I was on when it started this nasty behavior. It happens to me ALL the time. I'm calling it "runaway" page turning for want of a better term. I can't find anyone complaining about this so maybe I'm not searching for the behavior properly.

This happened on the original iPad and the one after that; I'm certain it's a"feature" of iBooks.

I don't know why this "feature" exists; I can't imagine ANYONE wanting this behavior. At any rate, I want (at least) an option to turn that behavior off. I can't think of any good reason to page-forward or backward dozens of pages with a single touch.

Anyone else upset about this? Apple?

Chaz

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 1:39 PM

3 replies

iBooks runaway page turning on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.