Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is the iPad2 wireless chargeable?

Hello,

I am interested in finding out if the iPad 2 or any subsequent generation is wireless charging or QI wireless charging compatible?

I am having problems with my iPad 2 taking forever and ever to charge.

Thank you

Alisa

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4, Battery, charger

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 2:11 PM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2013 2:16 PM in response to WndrWmn

No. None of Apple's device can be charged wirelessly.

Are you connecting your iPad to your computer to charge? If so, it's probable that your computer's USB ports don't put out sufficient current to properly charge your iPad. Try the AC adapter that came in the box. If it's slow using the charger as well, then your iPad may have a bad battery or a bad charging circuitry, but try resetting or restoring and see if that helps matters.

Regards.

Nov 22, 2013 3:20 PM in response to WndrWmn

If the charging pad supports the iPad, yes. It needs to provide the appropriate voltages, and supply sufficient current to charge the iPad. Since they require some sort of adapter in the dock connector, I don't see much benefit to such a pad unless you find an iPad case for such a charging pad. And certainly they're not going to fix the problem of slow charging if this is with the AC adapter that came with your iPad, not unless your adapter is defective.

Regards.

Nov 25, 2013 6:51 PM in response to Kappy

These answers have been informative and thought provoking. As it turns out I truly believe my battery is going bad. It discharges abnormally quickly and practically doesn't charge at all. I have ordered a battery replacement kit to change out my battery myself which should arrive in a couple of days. I am a help desk tech by trade with tons of hardware experience so although replacing hardware in a tablet, let alone an Apple product will be new it is not something I'm fearful of messing up. I welcome the opportunity to do this. I'm not worried about warranty invalidation because I bought this as a refurb and didn't take any AppleCare policy on it.

is the iPad2 wireless chargeable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.