Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replaced my iPhone screen myself and now my phone is over heating. i have no idea if its under warranty and if so will apple do anything even though i took it apart?

So my iPhone screen cracked and i ordered a new screen to replace it. Finally when i finished i went to turn it on and the screen just stayed blank. I plugged it in and the apple symbol came up but then went off, and kept doing this. so i let it set for about an hour and tried again. it gave the charging symbol and just stayed on this for about half an hour. i unplugged it and when i did it just went off. after a while it did come back on but it began to overheat and the battery lasts about 45 minutes. i took the back off and its the logic board that is hot and not the battery. can this be fixed? i dont know if its under warranty but if it is will they replace it after the fact that i took it apart?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 5:54 PM

There are no replies.

I replaced my iPhone screen myself and now my phone is over heating. i have no idea if its under warranty and if so will apple do anything even though i took it apart?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.