Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple artist split albums.

I have quite a few "split' albums where its essentially a collections of 4 or 5 songs from two or more artists.

User uploaded file

I would like to have the songs from each artist to show up in iTunes as that specific artist and also have it show up on my iphone as individual artist under the the artist but also as a complete album with ALL of the track from both artists under the album. I was able to do this with iOS6 and previous iTunes.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Lion

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 5:34 PM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2013 6:07 PM in response to anorakman

anorakman wrote:

I would like to have the songs from each artist to show up in iTunes as that specific artist and also have it show up on my iphone as individual artist under the the artist but also as a complete album with ALL of the track from both artists under the album.

Can't do it.

I was able to do this with iOS6 and previous iTunes.

This was not possible.

Jan 5, 2014 7:30 PM in response to anorakman

I am not exactly sure what you intend to do.

To make all the tracks from the album show up under one album, select the items and secondary-click on them, and then select Get Info. Here, you can do one of two things:

• Add an album artist. This is more relevant if I have something 9 songs by Bob and 1 song by Bob and Joe; then I would simply enter "Bob" as the album artist.
  • Make the album a compilation. This is more relevant if I have 2 songs by Alice, 1 song by Sally, 1 song by Andrew, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Multiple artist split albums.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.