Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to print in cannon ir series 2520 after Maverick update

I am not able to print in cannon ir series 2520 after Maverick update, printer is in pause and even after resuming it it dosent work. Pl help

Same case with the projector not able to connect it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 7:06 PM

9 replies

Nov 21, 2013 7:21 PM in response to Purayath

Canon has released an updated version of the UFR2 v10.2 driver.

Note that Canon USA does not list this new version as yet, which includes an uninstaller to remove any previous version of the Canon UFR2 driver. So please use the link I have provided.

When you add the printer, ensure that you use the LPD or HP Jetdirect-Socket protocol. The IPP protocol, which is the default selection when adding an IP printer, is not supported by this driver and will pause when you attempt to print.

Nov 21, 2013 8:13 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

The driver link you have provided will work. But we have found that if the previous driver is installed on the Mac, the user selects this older driver PPD when adding the printer instead of the new driver PPD because it has UFR in the name, which the new v10.2 driver does not.

So as mentioned this new version UFR2 v10.2.1 includes an uninstaller to remove the old driver and PPDs, thus reducing the chance of the user making a mistake when adding the printer. The next issue is then getting them to select the correct protocol.

I expect that Canon USA will update their site over the weekend to provide this latest version of the driver. Canon Oz gets its drivers direct from Canon INC so that's why we are a little bit earlier with some updates.

Nov 23, 2013 1:21 PM in response to Phill Smith

Phill Smith wrote:

Does this apply to the Canon IR5050 as well?

Yes. The new v10.2.1 driver supports the iR5050.

Phill Smith wrote:

After upgrading to Marverick I am unable to print from Canon IR5050, installed new driver from Canon site with no luck.

Assuming the iR5050 is networked then you need to ensure you use either the LPD or HP Jetdirect-Socket protocols when adding the printer. IPP is not supported by this driver.

Jan 9, 2016 11:32 PM in response to PAHU

Hello -

I am having this problem too. I am using the latest version of El Capitan.

I have installed the Mac_UFRII_Ver1081_03 file that was linked to earlier. After that, I added the printer. There were two choices for the printer driver. I have tried both. When I go to print, it looks like everything went fine. The printer job opens and is sent to the printer. It seems to complete the job, but in the end nothing is printed.

The printer works fine for all the Windows users here. The IT people know nothing about Macs..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

I am not able to print in cannon ir series 2520 after Maverick update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.