Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isnt my ipod showing in itunes

My iPod Touch wont show up in iTunes I have done everything uninstal and reinstal even did all instructions on here it doesnt even show my device in the drivers like I dont whats going on but can someone help me its frustrating me now.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2, 4th Generation

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 6:55 PM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2013 2:16 AM in response to NexGenJuggalo

Did you do everything here:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Including

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

New cable and different USB port?

Runs this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

Nov 22, 2013 6:51 AM in response to NexGenJuggalo

My Original Ipod Touch, stopped being recognised by ITunes at the beginning of the year. I took it to my local Apple Store and it was not recognised on ITunes when they plugged it in either. They recommended that i un-install Itunes which is what I did, but it made no difference. I am not impressed as it may be 6 years old, but there is NOTHING wrong with it. They also suggested that I upgrade, but why should it cost me more money when its not broken!! I believe it was one of the ITunes updates that has caused this... Not very impressed!!!

Why isnt my ipod showing in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.