Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2013) - OS X Parental Control Account keep showing in Arabic language!

Hello,

I brought MacBook Pro 15 (late 2013) at local Apple Store. After setting up Mac, I observed that in Parental Controls, the default account name is showing in Arabic language. I verified Mac language settings and are set to English.

No 3rd party apps installed except Microsoft Office, Adobe Flash Player and VLC Media Player.

Is this new kind of malware?

Any further help would be appreciated. Thank you!

User uploaded file

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 4G i7 2.30GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 8:22 PM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2013 6:51 AM in response to SRINATHSADDA

I think the Arabic in that dialogue is just the translation for "guest". If so, it's a bug where the machine is using the wrong language file for displaying that part of the dialogue. Sometimes this can be fixed by going to system preferences/language & region and using the "minus" button to remove Arabic from the list of languages you see there and restarting.

MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2013) - OS X Parental Control Account keep showing in Arabic language!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.