Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I completely deleted, erase iPhone messages, contacts,

How can I wipe data (messages, contacts, photos) off my iPhone 4? I want to sell my iPhone 4 and need to get a iPhone, I tried to erase all contents (messages, contacts) from my iPhone 4, but it seems cannot permanently erase them at all, I need help! How can I completely deleted, erase iPhone messages, contacts, photos without restoring before selling.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 3:59 AM

5 replies

Nov 25, 2013 10:03 PM in response to yu_zhang32

This helps me with whether or not I'm going to lose my info that I backed up to my pc & itunes, but what I don't know is why iTunes is requiring me to give them a password to restore my phone after the update. I have no idea what it is! I've tried my password for the app store & my google account passwords & my pin for accessing my phone; not one of them worked!

Feb 9, 2015 2:32 PM in response to yu_zhang32

This is an old message that has bubbled to the top because SPAMMERS selling crapware have been trying to hijack it all day. The hosts have deleted the offensive posts, but just in case more spammers appear:

I'm posting this just to make it clear that you don't need any 3rd party paid apps to do a secure erase of an iPhone. On the phone, you to Settings/General/Reset and tap Erase all content and settings. This erases the phone, probably more securely than most apps that claim to do a secure erase.

How can I completely deleted, erase iPhone messages, contacts,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.