Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing 'Grab' images?

Can anyone explain how I can best print screen images that i have obtained by using the 'Grab' utility?

When I grab, say a single magazine 'page' and then go to print it, the 'single' page is divided into 6 indiviual sections and printed over 6 page, I can slect 'Print 6 Pages per page', but each page as a seperate entity on the single page!

Simlarly each time I Grab an image it is divided into xx sections!

Thanks for any assistance, this has been bugging me for years!!!

Ian Norfolk UK

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 6:03 AM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2014 1:12 PM in response to Ianjh-w

I have this same question with Grab. It would be great if the page setup dialog allowed you to make the same choices you can make for example in Excel (fit to X pages wide by X pages tall). I drive myself crazy trying to estimate the percentage reduction to get the whole thing on one page! Would love to see a simple answer, if there is one!

Dec 1, 2015 1:03 PM in response to MarthaT

This puzzled me, too, but I believe I've solved it. Grab saves images in TIFF format. Save this image to your desktop, then open it in "Preview."

Choose File > Export. There will be a Format pop-up window, or, as on mine, the Format choices will appear at the bottom of the window. I chose JPEG and saved it to desktop. You can then print this JPEG image on one page. You may have to change from landscape to portrait orientation, or vice versa on the printer menu. HTH.

Printing 'Grab' images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.