Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

address book command line tool

Back in the day, there was 'contacts', which used to work on my Mac.

I just tried it for the first time in maybe two years, and it told me that Rosetta wasn't installed. This is curious, since I haven't reinstalled my OS since mid=2010, but hey no matter. I can reinstall Rosetta when I get home, right? Right?

Anyway, it got me thinking of two things. My wife sent me an email from work, asking if I knew of a way to check her e-mail for people to whom she had sent e-mail, or from whom she had received e-mail, but who were not in her Address Book.

So in order to rustle up some grep, I need to be able to access the Address Book from here at work.

Can someone tell me if a good, reliable, sophisticated method for Snow Leopard exists?

Thanks.

Mac Mini 1.83 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 1.5GB RAM

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 12:36 PM

~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/AddressBook-v22.abcddb is a sqlite3 database. You can parse the email addresses from the database.

1 reply

address book command line tool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.