Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restricted free distribution

I am considering producing an ibook that I want to distribute for free to selected individuals only. Is this possible without going through iTunes and putting it out for free in the public domain? I have never used iBooks Author

iBook, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 7:25 AM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2013 1:34 AM in response to magidale

If you use iBooks Author, you can distribute to friends and family, either by exporting it as a pdf,but you lose any interaction you may have built in. Or you can export your completed book and by using a Cloud service like Dropbox and emailing a link to the file to those you wish to have the book. They in turn download the file and if they have a Mac with Mavericks installed, the open iBooks app and drag the book into it, and you can also sync yo iPad or...

This same process can be applied to those with iPads and the Dropbox (or other cloud service) by selecting to open the file in iBooks.

Restricted free distribution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.