Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S and Ford Sync calls are not working correctly

I bought a 2013 Ford Focus with Ford Sync Touch. It was working fine with my iPhone 5 on iOS 7. I recently bought an iPhone 5S and everything seems to work fine until I make a phone call. The call connects but I cannot hear anything but loud crackling. I have the latest software updates on both the Ford Sync Gen2 3.6.2. and the latest iOS 7.0.4. I have reset both the Sync to factory settings and the iPhone to Factory settings. Still the exact same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 7:52 AM

Hi, have you actually DELETED the iPhone from the Ford Touch?

Also delete anything on your phone under BT..

Once evrything is deleted ReBoot your iPhone and Restart the vehicle..Then Re Pair..

6 replies

Nov 22, 2013 8:53 AM in response to elmac

I have not yet done that as I dont know anyone else with the 5S, I did have someone try a 5C with no issues. I am thinking about making a genius bar appointment and seeing what Apple says. I am also going to test the phone with another bluetooth device later today. I did search the forums at Ford Touch and Google and could not find anyone else with the same issue.

iPhone 5S and Ford Sync calls are not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.