Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

artist show in recently added but not in artist list

I have an imac, early 2012 model with the most recent updates (Maverick I think it's called). And an iphone 4S with the most recent update.

I recently added two cd's into iTunes. One cd shows the artist and all info in the artist list. The other does not show in the artist list, but Does show in recently added, complete with all info. This cd was downloaded (and paid for) from the Artists website as an mp3 320. In order to put it on my iphone, I had to make a playlist and add that to the iphone. I also tried making an AAC version, but that didn't help. Any ideas why this might be?

Btw, all the artist info etc... populated on it's own and it looks like All the files imported.

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 7:37 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2013 10:10 AM in response to philschon

No One? I looked through some of the answers to this and similar questions. Nothing seems to line up. The artist name looks to be correctly listed as does the other info. Funny thing is, this cd doedn't show up Anywhere in the computer except under recently added and the setlist I made. Finder doesn't show it, an (correct me if I'm wrong) but shouldn't Finder see Everything in the computer?

Dec 1, 2013 2:42 AM in response to philschon

Hi,

I had the same trouble, and tried various things including a restore from back-up, with no success.

I then had a closer look at the "Get Info" section of the troubled artist.

The 'Artist Name' and 'Album Name' were correctly defined in the 'Info' tab ,

howerver, in the 'Options' tab I notied that the 'Part of a Compilation' dropdown box

was set to "Yes". So, I changed this to "No" and left the check box selected, and then clicked "OK".

I re-checked the 'Get Info/Options' part again to ensure the change had taken affect(which it had).

I then disconnected and reconnected my Iphone 5 followed by a "SYNC" which successfully applied

the above changes to my phone and hence solved the problem.

Hope this helps.

artist show in recently added but not in artist list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.