Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have multiple Game Center accounts with one Apple ID?

My wife and I use the same Apple ID but want to have individual game enter accounts. Is this possible? Or does my wife need to set up her own Apple ID? Any one got any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 8:11 AM

Any given Apple service - iCloud, game center, these forums, iMessage, etc, can only have a single account for any given AppleID.

If you want separate accounts for any Apple service(s), you will have to use separate AppleIDs.

7 replies

Dec 30, 2013 7:34 AM in response to anderneal

Nobody said you could not have multeple game center accounts, so I am not sure what your point was? You can have as many AppleIDs as you wish (or have email addresses for), but any one AppleID can only be assoicated withi one Game Center Account. To use another game center account, you will have to log out with the current AppleID and login with a different AppleID.

The OP specifically asked about multiple game center accounts using only a single AppleID, and that is not possible.

see http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4314

Feb 27, 2014 2:21 PM in response to Cyberbags

After 2 hours worth of searching with no answer, I decided to run a test and it worked. This is what I did to have multiple Game Center IDs on iOS7. (People responding may have over looked this detail because they assumed it was obvious, but it wasn't)

Answer: you MUST have multiple Apple ID accounts, however, you use the main one to log in to SETTINGS > ITUNES & APP STORE.

1. I deleted the Alternate Email Address associated with my account

2. I created an entire new Apple ID with this email address

3. I login in to SETTINGS > ITUNES & APP STORE with my original Apple ID (credit card on file)

4. I login to Game Center, iCloud, etc... with my kid's NEW Apple ID

So purchasing still goes under our shared account and game center, iCloud, etc... go under my kid's Apple ID.

^ ^ ^ ^ This is the simple straight forward answer I was looking for ^ ^ ^ ^

Can I have multiple Game Center accounts with one Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.