Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motion reverse components

Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm relatively new to Final Cut Pro (after realizing the limitations in iMovie) and have been working on this little project. Inside Final Cut Pro are the text templates and I have selected the one I want but it doesn't do exactly what I'm wanting. So I discovered this morning that I could edit these templates using Motion. I've bought and paid for Motion TODAY and at a complete loss. HAHAHA - Basically what I would like to do is copy the components of this text and reverse the effect. The text itself fades in but I want it to fade out as well. Is there a simple way that I could perhaps just copy/paste and reverse the entire thing?

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Mac Pro, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 8:20 AM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2013 4:59 PM in response to leviguy

Without know exactly which title you are referring to, in all likelihood, when you Open in Motion and find the Text layer and dial down the disclosure triangle (if necessary), there is a behavior attached (it will have a gear icon.)

Duplicate that behavior by selecting it in the layers list and typing command-D and drag the timeline marker you'll see under the canvas to align the end of the behavior to the end of the project.

In the Inspector > Behaviors > whatever the behavior is called (+ copy) and dial down the Controls disclosure triangle. Switch the Sequencing from "From" to "To".

Play to make sure that is the effect you wanted.

If all is well, all you need to do is "Save" (command-S). In FCPX, in the same section you found the original, you'll find your new project right next to is as <#Name> copy. If you'd like to name it something else, then Save As, provide the new name and an existing or new category. Motion automatically saves to the appropriate location and it will automatically be available in FCPX (no need to restart, or anything!)

If you need more help, let us know the Title's name you are trying to work with.

motion reverse components

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.