Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband bought us each an iphone5c and synced my information with his device. We have just separated. I created my own apple ID but have seen that my information for example; "reminders" from my phone appear on his icloud acct.

My husband bought us each an iphone5c and synced my information with his device. We have just separated. I created my own apple ID but have seen that my information for example; "reminders" from my phone appear on his icloud acct. How can I stop having my information be synced with his device?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 8:52 AM

3 replies

Nov 22, 2013 12:15 PM in response to momofdandr

To migrate to a new account, start by saving any photo stream photos you wish to keep to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tap the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward pointing arrow), then tap Save to Camera Roll. If you are syncing notes with iCloud, you'll need to open each of your notes and email them to yourself so you can later copy and paste the text into new notes created in your new account. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account (which only deletes it from this device, not from iCloud), choose Keep on My iDevice and provide the password to turn off Find My iPhone. Then sign back in with a different Apple ID to create your new account and choose Merge to upload your data.

One you are on a separate accounts you can each go to icloud.com from your computer and delete the other person's data from your account.

My husband bought us each an iphone5c and synced my information with his device. We have just separated. I created my own apple ID but have seen that my information for example; "reminders" from my phone appear on his icloud acct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.