7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2014 12:01 PM by NightSailor Branched to a new discussion.
cbsantry Level 1 (0 points)

Every time I try to use the "crop" tool, Aperture crashes. Anyone else have that problem?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.4
  • léonie Level 10 (91,019 points)

Is that a new Aperture installation, or did it work before and suddenly stopped working?

What is your Aperture version and your MacOS X version?

• cbsantry Level 1 (0 points)

It's an old installation, 2.1.4. I'm running OS 10.9

It's an old installation, 2.1.4. I'm running OS 10.9

That is the problem. Aperture 2 is not fully compatible with MacOS X 10.9; the crop-tool, the Loupe, some brushes no longer work reliably in the newer MacOS X version. And I really doubt, that there will be bug-fixes for Aperture 2 on Mavericks. These incompatibilities started with MacOS X Lion, and have gotten worse with each new operating system release.

To run Aperture with Mavericks you will need to update to Aperture 3.5. for full compatibility.

Do you also have older plug-ins installed, that might be incompatible with Mavericks? Check with the developer's website, if there are updates for any plug-ins.

Should i upgrade to 3?

Thanks. Will check my pug-ins.

Should i upgrade to 3?

I strongly recommend to upgrate to Aperture 3. It is worth it. Aperture 3 has many new features, improved stability, and you will get rid of these annoying bugs. And the AppStore version is no longer as expensive as the earlier boxed versions of Aperture used to be.

• NightSailor Level 1 (0 points)

Down grade your OS to Snow Leopard and that will fix your problelm.