Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the best parental control software for mac?

Hi!

I'm starting to teach my son (8 years old) in the use of Mac computer and I would like to have suggestions about the best software to be installed for a good parental control.

There is the possibility to localize two language (english and italian)?

thank you in advance for the suggestions!

Antonello

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), MacBook Pro 13

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 10:19 AM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Antam7

Assuming you are planning on setting up a separate account for your 8 year old as "Managed Witrh Parental Controls". You will be able to set the account up with a full range of parental controls. This may be all you want or need.

Oh yes there are some additional specialized apps on the App Store to do things like control what the child can see on UTube, etc.

Nov 22, 2013 10:50 AM in response to Antam7

Antam7 wrote:

There is the possibility to localize two language (english and italian)?

Every account you set up can be localized in a different language if you want. So you can have yours in Itallian and your son's in English. The language is determined by what is at the top of the list in system prefs/language & text/language. You just drag the one you want there and logout/login.

what is the best parental control software for mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.