Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new clio will not pair with my iphone5s,

renault are nice enough but cant help, hubby updated media nav , it made no difference, it says its paired but isnt, and now and again handsfree not connected shows under the `medianav connected, ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 2:29 PM

Go into the Bluetooth of the iPhone and forget the Bluetooth connection to the vehicle. Turn off Bluetooth. Go into the vehicle and delete the iPhone from there. Reset the iPhone, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, put the vehicle into discovery/pairing mode. Turn the Bluetooth on in the iPhone, which puts it into discovery/pairing mode. See if the two will connect after that. If you have any further problems, see this support document. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2013 2:29 PM in response to marzipan knickers

Go into the Bluetooth of the iPhone and forget the Bluetooth connection to the vehicle. Turn off Bluetooth. Go into the vehicle and delete the iPhone from there. Reset the iPhone, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, put the vehicle into discovery/pairing mode. Turn the Bluetooth on in the iPhone, which puts it into discovery/pairing mode. See if the two will connect after that. If you have any further problems, see this support document. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

Nov 23, 2013 8:57 AM in response to marzipan knickers

Are you seeing the vehicle showing up at all when the iPhone is in discovery/pairing mode? Have you double-checked the user guide for the vehicle system to ensure that it is in discovery/pairing mode when you are trying to connect? If you are having difficulty getting it into discovery/pairing mode, I suggest bringing the phone and the vehicle to the dealer and see if they can assist you in this,.

Feb 21, 2014 10:39 PM in response to marzipan knickers

hey,

i had the same problem and so was the case with my father's & mother's iphone 5s

when i recieved the clio 3 weeks ago at the dealer the agent from renult said that thier is a problem with the 5s and the medianav bluetooth - device appears on list but doesn't connect or connect and then doesn't work with the medianav...

at first, after a few attemps - both my parant's iphones did work but mine still didn't connect proparly although i tried again and again

after the device shows up in the device list i tried to connect, it said "key 0000" (default key) and after a few seconds, while waiting for the iphone to ask for the key, the medianav said "wrong key" and that's regardless to the fact that i wasn't promped with the key on my iphone

i tried to change the key - same thing

at last - i deleted all the bluetooth devices saved on my iphone one by one manually and then medianav showed up and asked me for the key and connected. if i remember right, I shut down contacts sync (inside the device in the iphone bluetooth list) and only after that it connected

hope it will help who needs it

🙂

My new clio will not pair with my iphone5s,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.