Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD spits out DVD before finished burning

With around 20-30 minutes left in the burning process my computer spits out the DVD that I'm trying to burn to. I keep seeing the same threads around but none of then solve my problem.

Info:

I'm using memorex DVD+RDL discs

I successfully burnt a DVD yesterday with the exact same content on the exact same DVD type

My project is 2 hours and 30 minutes long

I have 70+ gb of storage left

I'm not running any other programs in the background

If I try to save as disk image I get "DVDs created from double layer images may not play well I'm some DVD players" and having the DVDs work on some DVD

players and not others is not an options

This has happened to me twice already

My computer is a 13-inch 2010 MacBook. Processor: 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo. Memory: 2gb 1067 MHz DDR3

I'm burning at 1x burn speed using iDVD version 7.1.2

I'm burning at professional quality

I'm trying to get the best possible quality in my project I don't care about the time it takes

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:09 PM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2013 3:16 PM in response to Guanciale

If there are any movies in the iDVD project did you do any re-editing after the 1st burm and this attempted burn? If so that's creates a known but in iDVD and you should delete the movie from the project and then add it back or start over with a new project.

You're following nearly off the typical best practices except for the brand of disk. Memorex has a poor reputation here, low dye content. The most recommended brands in this forum are Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. The same would be for DL disks.

-R disks will play in older DVD players.

OT

IDVD spits out DVD before finished burning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.