Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Original Apple ID which I'm using since I bought my IPhone is not working for activation, what should I do?

I have unlocked iPhone 4S which I bought in Jan 2011 from store in Saudi Arabia... Since I bought my iPhone and it is linked to my Apple ID... Lately I moved from my Country Egypt to Slovakia so I didn't take my Egyptian Vodafone SIM Card with me as I will buy a Slovakian one...

Days ago before buying a new SIM Card, iTunes found new update IOS 7.0.4 and after installing the update my iPhone restarted and started to take me through activation... The activation needed a SIM Card so I bought Telefonica O2 SIM Card and I tried to continue the activation... At the step of writing my Apple ID and my Passowrd, I wrote them right but an error window appeard saying that incorrect Apple ID and my Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone...

I checked my Apple ID on iTunes and iCloud to make sure that my password and my account are ok and it was working... I thought it might be a problem with the SIM Card so I went to O2 customer service and they said that the problem is not with the SIM Card as the SIM Card is working so they can not do anything for me... On the window of activation logging in there is link "activation help" and by clicking it after typing my Apple ID and password, a window appears saying that my iPhone could not be activated because activation server cannot be reached and asking me to try activating on iTunes or trying again later and if this problem persists I should contact Apple support...

I tried activating on iTunes and the same message appeared that my Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone and I tried activating many times for two days on my iPhone and iTunes and nothing is working... I also tried to call Apple service number in Slovakia (0800004640) and they said for iPhone I should contact my carrier network which I contacted already and they didn't help at all as I mentioned before... In the end of my tries I went to iCloud finder to find my iPhone on my account and I didnt find it there because I never set up iCloud on my iPhone before...

I don't know really what to do as I'm the first and the only owner and my Apple ID is the only linked to this iPhone, even on the window of activation logging in it is written there that this iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (b*****@yahoo.com) which is true ... This iPhone is unlocked one and it was working in Saudi Arabia and Egypt with various SIM Cards... In the end thanks for reading and I hope to find a solution for this problem...

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:12 PM

7 replies

Nov 22, 2013 1:53 PM in response to EmptySpaces7

Assuming all you say is true and correct, and that you actually purchased a legitimately unlocked phone to begin with, then it sounds like your problem now is that you don't have an Internet connection for the phone to verify your Apple ID and password.

By the way, you MUST have set up Find my iPhone on that phone. That's the only way it can become activation locked as it has, when updating to iOS 7.

If your phone was hacked to unlock it and not legitimately unlocked, then you are going to have a very difficult time because the phone has now been re-locked to the original carrier, meaning it can't get an internet connection with your SIM, meaning it can't verify the Apple ID and password it's locked with.

Nov 22, 2013 2:46 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for your answer...

My iPhone was connected to a wifi internet when I tried to activate it and when I tried activation by iTunes I was using my laptop with windows 7 which was connected to internet by cable.

I updated my iPhone to IOS 7 when I was in Egypt and I had no problems with updating it and I can't remember if finding my iPhone option was on or off before updating to IOS 7 and as i understood from searching internet that to use iCloud Finder on web from computer to find my iPhone it should be set up already on my iPhone and I didn't set up iCloud on my iPhone before and my Apple ID wasn't verified for iCloud till today, I verfied it by logging in iCloud from a friend iPad.

I was considering already the option that my iPhone has been hacked but if this happened so how I would unlock my iPhone and activate it to back to work? who would help me with that? I'm so tired of being without my phone for almost 4 days and I started to consider not having any Apple product anymore... I think that this way to secure the consumer has a lot of conflicts...

Jan 16, 2016 5:20 PM in response to antonhartono

antonhartono wrote:

i have this problem too.. and still not done yet..

Dunno why to complicated.

I bought it first time with my apple id. and now i must enter the apple id, and they said its not the right apple id.

First, it's better to start your own thread instead of bumping a thread that is almost two years old.

Have you changed the primary email address of your Apple ID since you used it on that device to enable iCloud Find My iPhone?

My Original Apple ID which I'm using since I bought my IPhone is not working for activation, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.