Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my macbook air getting so hot, fan running, and burning through the battery fast?

why is my macbook air getting so hot, fan running, and burning through the battery fast?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 3:09 PM

11 replies

Mar 18, 2014 3:58 AM in response to Alamodave

I have started to experience my computer getting really hot also. Since one month back in time it has started to get raging hot (up to 99 degrees celsius) just by surfing the internet. Sometimes it stays that hot but most of the time the temperature gets lower after about 15 minutes..

this has never happend before and i am starting to get worried..

what is the problem and is there a sollution??

Nov 28, 2015 6:44 AM in response to darvinm

I had this problem on my MacBook Air purchased in 2011. I tried all the fixes, then took it to the Apple store. Turned out the battery needed to be replaced. I had that done; even over Thanksgiving weekend it was done very quickly. It is well worth the cost as my computer is now running cool, no fan noise, and the battery is not draining as it was.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.