Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod won't connect to internet. Loading circle never stops?!

Hi,

I have a 5th Gen iPod touch, which is no longer connecting to my home wifi. When I try to connect I enter the password and it accepts it but only a loading circle appears. The loading circle does not go away and I cannot connect to the interent or use any wifi related apps or proccesses on my iPod. The home hub I am using is seperated from the 'choose a network' part and it says on the front screen of the settings thename of the home hub I am trying to connect to. It was connected to the same wifi yesterday and nothing has changed since then.I have been able to connect to other wifi networks it is just this connection so far. There is no error message that appears just the constant loading circle going round.

I have already tried to reset my iPod fully, reset the network settings, off and on again, reset the home hub, unplugges the homehub for about 5 minutes and then reconnected it. All other devices connected to the same home hub are working apart from my iPod. I am not very literate with computer language.

I don't know what to do. Please may someone point me in the right direction.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 4:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2013 4:04 AM in response to JamesTW02

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If so that indicates a problem with your network

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod won't connect to internet. Loading circle never stops?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.