Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with “H.264 for Blu-ray” setting in “Compressor 4”

I am working with “Final Cut Pro X”, Version 10.0.9 and I have “Compressor 4”, Version 4.0.7 installed on my iMac. So I can use the setting “H.264 for Blu-ray” available in “Compressor 4” from within “Final Cut Pro X” to share a project. But when I double click the generated .264 file “Compressor 4” comes with this message: “Error trying to open source media file” Am I doing something wrong?

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 6:20 PM

9 replies

Nov 23, 2013 7:36 AM in response to educim

You're correct. I jumped to the wrong conclusion when I saw your screenshot.

If you have a custom Blu Ray setting that you want to use instead of the preset, there are a couple of ways to approach it. In both cases you need to specify a job action whereby Compressor will create some additional files to make the physical disk or a disk image.

First, you can always export as a master file and bring that into Compressor. Bring up your template and write the output either to a third party Blu Ray burner or as a disk image on your hard drive. To save time, you can save the setting and the job action as a template.

Second, you can Send to Compressor and use your custom setting. You will also need to specify your job action.

Good luck.

Russ

Problems with “H.264 for Blu-ray” setting in “Compressor 4”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.