Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey dotted circle under Device after re-downloading purchased song. How to remove duplicates of this grey circle?

Grey circle under Device after re-downloading purchased song.

How to remove duplicates of this grey circle?

if I press Autofill, these duplicated circles will be gone. After sync, they will come back..

I only purchase this song once but downloaded it multiple times. I am not using iTunes Match or Wifi Sync

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:45 PM

This is what i did to remove the Dotted Circle.

1) Link up your iDevice to your Itunes.

2) Go to your settings and click on the "manually manage music and videos"

User uploaded file

3) then click "apply"

4) Then go to "On my device" and click "Music"

5) You should be able to right click on the songs with the dotted circle and delete them.

User uploaded file

6) You can "delete" the songs and this should get rid of the dotted circle. You have to manually do each and every dotted circles in your itunes.

7) Remember to unclick the "manually manage Songs and videos" after you are done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 10:45 PM in response to ibnmurad

This is what i did to remove the Dotted Circle.

1) Link up your iDevice to your Itunes.

2) Go to your settings and click on the "manually manage music and videos"

User uploaded file

3) then click "apply"

4) Then go to "On my device" and click "Music"

5) You should be able to right click on the songs with the dotted circle and delete them.

User uploaded file

6) You can "delete" the songs and this should get rid of the dotted circle. You have to manually do each and every dotted circles in your itunes.

7) Remember to unclick the "manually manage Songs and videos" after you are done.

Grey dotted circle under Device after re-downloading purchased song. How to remove duplicates of this grey circle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.