Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TExt edit is 'stuck' unavailable and not in Force Quit list

I want to open a TEXT doc but although there is a little arrow showing TEXTEDIT should be available I cannot access it in any way.

so I cannot open an existing document nor create a new on

I tried to use FOrCE QUIT but it does not appear in the llst of apps open.

This is not the first tme it has happened. the last couple of times I restarted my MACBOOKPRO and was able to access the app for a while.

so now I need to know how to wipe the library prefs ( I think that is what I need to do) as I have forgotten how to do that.

so which bits do I wipe out and where do I go to find them.

I have also had 2 kernel panics in the last 2 weeks
I recently installed CCCleaner and ADBLOCK.
I took out CCCLeaner but possibly there are bits left somewhere.

I have left ADBlock though with Ghosterly not sure I need it.
I have also installed GHOSTERLY but the problems started before that
I have carried out the disk utility/diskrepair permissions.

still having the problem.

Please help as I use my Text edit app a lot as I keep ready made

copies of instructions for people on the yahoo groups I moderate to save me typing the same thing over and over.

I am now getting really weird occurences when using my keyboard e.g typing this the cursor jumps up to the line previous to the one I am typng and I touch type so no idea what key combo can be causing that. as I am not aware of doing anything unusual though I do have a medical condition that causes my hands to jerk, possibly it could be that.

many thanks

Scatty,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Buffalo 1TB EHD iPad original 16gb

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 1:11 AM

2 replies

TExt edit is 'stuck' unavailable and not in Force Quit list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.