Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you deactivate a mac using your home share that doesn't exist anymore!

My home sharing account has the maximum for 5 mac's linked up to it. Unfortunately I spilt a drink on my old mac and it completely died. I now want to link my new mac that i got through insurance with my home sharing account. However it wont let me because my dead mac must be still linked. I have no idea what to do! How do I deactivate my old mac and out my new one in its place?

Help!

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 6:03 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2013 1:35 PM in response to Dizzee93

There is no limit to home sharing, so I'm guessing you are referring to authorisations.

You can't de-authorise just the computers you no longer have access to.

Your only option is to de-authorise all your computers and then re-authorise those you wish to be authorised. You can do this by logging into your account settings in iTunes on your computer (Store > View My ID) and selecting the option to de-authorise all.

Please note however, you are only permitted to do this once in each 12 month period, therefore you would be better de-authorising your computers before you lose access to them. you can do this from the 'Store' menu in iTunes.

How do you deactivate a mac using your home share that doesn't exist anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.