Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth doesn't seem to work after mountain lion os update

Bluetooth does not seem to be able to detect bluetooth keyboard and track pad. Unable to log in. Have tried changing many batteries and log in as guest. However not able to login to wifi add guest and finder app keeps having errors and is unable to open. System seems unstable. What can I do to log in? All this happened after installing the mountain lion os update. Also the Mac mini seems to sound like it is working on overdrive. What can ido? Would not have installed the stupid update should I known this would happen

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 6:31 AM

7 replies

Jun 9, 2015 9:24 AM in response to suzlsm

Ok, I found this post today, because I had the same problem and I just started to clicking, turning on and off, etc. etc. and finally make my wireless USB mouse work. I went to system preferences then security and privacy then go to firewall and turn it on (it was off) and all of the sudden, my mouse worked. Try this and see if it help you. I also tried to set up the mouse and browse device by the bluetooth app in the system preferences, but couldn't find the mouse in any, so the bluetooth doesn't seem to be recognized by the computer no matter what. But anyways, what I did, worked for my mouse and now I am happy. I know this post is very old (2013) and here I am in 2015 with the same problem, but now it works. Maybe some of you or new people will find this post and find this reply useful. Thanks and Cheers!

bluetooth doesn't seem to work after mountain lion os update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.