Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to connect my ipad to my wireless internet - all other devices including another ipad, ipods, laptops etc.. connect fine?

Can't seem to connect one of my ipads to our wireless network at home - every other device in the house is connected?

any suggestions?

iPad

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 6:24 AM

6 replies

Nov 23, 2013 6:46 AM in response to shelley127

Did it ever connect? How about to other networks?

Try this:

Reboot ipad by pressing and holding both the home and sleep/wake buttons at the same time until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go. Then try to connect to network.

Go to settings, Toggle airplane mode on/off. Make sure bluetooth is off. Turn on wif (airplane mode off). Try to connect.

Reset Network Settings

Go to settings/general/reset/reset network settings. Then try to connect to network.

If its your home router, then reboot router by unplugging for 5-10min. (do this while you're resetting network settings).

If problem persists, then check for firmware updates on your router.(you check router manufacturer support website for downloads and instructions).

When unable to connect to 802.11n WiFi Networks

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3727?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Wifi Settings greyed out or dim

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

Recommended wifi settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199

Nov 23, 2013 7:36 AM in response to GrumpyGator

yes it did connect at one time, I believe I downloaded the new software update at the time and then it has never been able to connect to my wi-fi...

I have tried all the troubleshooting and nothing seems to work...

when I try to enter my wi-fi password it pops up an error meesage saying "incorrect password" - I know I'm typing in the correct password as I've done the same drill on all my other devices and they connect perfectly?

Jul 9, 2014 8:42 PM in response to Furiousgeorge27

I've been having a problem connecting my iPad to my home wireless network ever since the "upgrade" to iOS7. I can even be sitting right next to my router, and when I go to Settings / Wi-Fi the iPad just churns and churns and churns trying to connect to my home wireless network.

I'm so fed up with this problem that most of the time, I just close my iPad and go sit down at my Windows computer. I've reached the point where I rarely use my iPad because of this problem. I can't be bothered to try and troubleshoot this problem all the time. Fortunately, my iPhone still has iOS6 on it and I never have any problem connecting to my home wireless network with it. I don't use my iPhone at home a lot because of the small screen ... that's why I bought the iPad!

I have seen the solution above on other sites around the Internet. This is just a workaround. Actually, this workaround sounds like the answer to all Windows problems: REBOOT ... Apple is finally on par with Microsoft.

When is Apple going to solve the actual problem?

Jul 9, 2014 9:34 PM in response to shelley127

What brand and model of Wi-Fi router is this? Is it an Apple Airport or some other make? If Apple Airport, is it an Airport Express or Airport Extreme? Is it an 802.11g or n (or even b) network?

Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi router? E.g. at a neighbour's place, a local coffee shop, library, etc. If you haven't tried this then do so, this will determine whether it's just this particular network you can't connect to, or all Wi-Fi networks. That's important to know.

If you can connect to other networks then it means there's something different/odd/wrong about the configuration/setup of your home router that needs to be investigated, if you can't connect to any Wi-Fi network then there's something wrong with your iPad rather than the router.

unable to connect my ipad to my wireless internet - all other devices including another ipad, ipods, laptops etc.. connect fine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.