Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to create a glossary in Pages?

Hi!

I'm currently writing a paper, with technical terms, which I'd like to put inside a nice and neat glossary. But I can't find a way to do so. Anyone got any idea? Thanks! BTW, I'm using the brand new version of Pages, on Mac OS. 😉

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 8:48 AM

Do it manually. Pages doesn't have or had any automatic feature doing it for you.

11 replies

Nov 24, 2013 11:42 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I'm not new to computing 🙂 I spent the last hour searching for any software solution ; I've been diggin in the Mac AppStore and the interwebs, but I can't find a solution. I don't like Office 2011, it's bad, really bad... But if I have to, I will. It's just that as I know Apple, I thought they'd have integrated a glossary functionality inside Pages.

Sep 4, 2015 4:30 PM in response to Spigaw

How hard can this be, really? Keep running notes (maybe using a separate Pages doc, or the Notes app) of the terms you want to include. Insert a new section after the main paper text (or wherever), format it to your taste, and create your glossary there. This seems like a lot less trouble than wrestling with Microsoft Word.

If you find that you need a more powerful word processor than Pages, I recommend either of the Nisus Writer apps (Express or Pro).

Is there a way to create a glossary in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.