Skip navigation

undeletable album and photos on iphone 5

2213 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2013 4:12 PM by PhilipRoy RSS
James Thomson Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 23, 2013 9:23 AM

I have an album with 15 photos in it.  It will not delete.  Whether I edit album and select it or edit the photos individually, when selected there is no option to delete and no trash can.  It is only for this album.  All other photos can be deleted.  The album is called "events" and then subtitled "from my mac"  I have no idea how these photos got into this folder, how the folder was named this way and why it won't go away!

• ChrisJ4203 Level 7 Level 7 (26,520 points)
    Nov 23, 2013 9:25 AM (in response to James Thomson)

It appears that these photos were synced from your computer, possibly via iTunes. If that is the case, the only method to delete these photos is via iTunes and the computer. Connect the iPhone to the computer, open iTunes, select the iPhone and then go to the Photos tab. Unselect the folder/album name and then sync the phone again. That will delete the photos.

Photos synced from the computer can only be removed via another sync.

• PhilipRoy Level 3 Level 3 (875 points)
    Dec 14, 2013 4:12 PM (in response to James Thomson)

Please carefully read this article referencing sycning data (music AND photos) to and from your mobile devices.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

Good luck !

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.