Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I be entitled to a free upgrade to 5S?!

I purchased the blue iPhone 5C at the beggining of october this year, and took it into the apple store earlier today after the bottom right of the screen seemed loose. When pressure was applied, the screen made a clicking noise and moved in and out. (this seems to be a common issue after browsing these forums!). I received a new handset as a replacement today with no questions asked, but after roughly 5 hours of having the NEW handset THE SAME ISSUE is ocurring once more.

I knew that the 5C was designed to be a cheaper model of the iPhone 5, but this is just out of order. This seems to be a design flaw with the iPhone 5C. What are your opinions on this and what do you suggest I should do? This is quite an inconvenience.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 10:18 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2013 10:43 AM in response to thomasa1997

Talk to the store and see what they can do...You may be the unforunate end of the stick as many users with iPhone 5 c are working just fine. If you go in mad; they will be less willing to help you. Enter in calmly and respectfully state your greievnes and issue and try to see what they'll do

Trust me; a smile and a good attiude will get people to want to assist you if possible ; even if they can't give you what you want

Nov 23, 2013 11:27 AM in response to thomasa1997

IN my opinion, you are not "entitled" to anything more than you paid for, a properly working iPhone 5c. If yours is not correct, then they should replace it for you with one that is. That is what you are netitled to. Now, if you are willing to work with them, and after several failed attempts to resolve teh issue, you may be able to convince them to either give you an upgrade, or a full refund, but you aren't necessarily entitled to either fo those, it would just be a good customer sevice move on their part to reward you for your loyal support.

Should I be entitled to a free upgrade to 5S?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.