Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommendation for DVD burning software?

My MacBook Pro doesn't have iDVD. Any recommendations for a DVD burning software?

iPhoto '11, iOS 7.0.2, iPhoto, redeye tool

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 12:30 PM

12 replies

Nov 24, 2013 5:15 PM in response to AliciaWag

If this is not your first Mac, you can re-install iDVD from an older re-installer disk. If this is your first mac, and if you own iLife (06, 08, 09, 11), you can install iDVD from an iLife Installer Disk. But iDVD doesn't support any formats so that sometimes there is a need to do video conversion before being processed in iDVD. If iDVD is not your only option, my recommendation for DVD buring software is iOrgSoft DVD Maker which are able to convert and burn video at the same time.

Nov 24, 2013 5:21 PM in response to AliciaWag

Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks. :-) It is my first Mac, so I don't have iDVD from an older disk... But I had read somewhere that iDVD won't work with my operating system (OS X Mavericks 10.9). Is that true?

I don't need anything that will do video editing - I like iMovie, so I use that. I really just need something to burn the DVDs.

-Alicia

Nov 24, 2013 6:40 PM in response to Alan Cook2

Oh! Someone had told me that it wouldn't work with my computer... Next question: did you have to download anything (besides iDVD itself) for it to work? I'm sorry, I'm not very tech-savvy... I downloaded a free trial of Aimersoft DVD Creator, & that seemed to work pretty well, but of course I'd rather have something that was made by Mac for Mac. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your help. 🙂

-Alicia

Nov 27, 2013 2:25 PM in response to Alan Cook2

it will work with older made videos, but not with newly made iMovies made with the latest iMovie update of 11/23/2013. It makes mp4 movies. Also I have not found a way to save them to my movie folder permanently. It will download them through the "share" feature to a file, but when you close the iMovie the download goes away. I have been making movies for my grandchildren for 15 years, and I am searching for a way to convert them to mp3 while iMovie is still up. Then maybe I can use my iDVD. Looks like Apple would update iDVD and Quick Time so they would accept mp4 videos if they are going to have people making that format movie.

Dec 29, 2013 3:48 PM in response to AliciaWag

In a fit of impatience, I downloaded Aimersoft DVD Creator ($49.99). So far, so good. I was able to burn a disc with a movie & some photos on it for my dad, & it played in my DVD player when I tested it. The only thing I didn't like was that the photos were somewhat pixelated, where they hadn't been went I sent them from my iPhone to my TV via Apple TV Airplay, but since he wanted to take them to actually be printed, it's not that big a deal. The video itself looked amazing from the DVD, & I'll pretty much be using it to burn home movies, so I'm happy with it so far, although I haven't done anything more with it yet.

Recommendation for DVD burning software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.