Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS7 Doesnt Play Songs That Played Under IOS6

Fans - Here is the problem I had and the solution (based on my 2 hr conversation with Apple support staff)

Q - some of my songs either purchased thru Itunes or uploaded thru CDs did not play on my iphone 5 after ios7 upgrade (these songs do play on my windows based laptop which houses the library and other older ipod generation that still sync with the libary and play) - the problem is conflicts in ios7 and the way the songs earlier were digitized and stored by various record companies

A - I came across a very helpful apple support person who narrowed it down to basically the conflicts between IOS7 (newer technology and older (probably DRM conflicts); we tried many things and it essentially boiled down to the fact that because some songs were purchased in earlier years (eventhough thru itunes or uploaded thru legally purchased CDs) the digitized version of these songs conflicts with ios7 (there is no way of know which ones they are)...but the solution is simple though laborious.

Make sure you have the latest version of itunes download

1. Delete the songs from your main library

2. Go to itunes purchase window

3. Click on not in the library tab (you will see the songs you have just deleted here)

4. re-download the song and then sync your iphone and you should be able to play the song

If you have uploaded the songs from your old CDs then please do step 1 and reimport them again from your CDs

The reason this has to be done is because when you download/reimport the song "currently" it someone recognizes all the new rich features that are part of the ios7 upgrade, new itunes software (dont ask me why but it almost sounds like it needs to get cleansed based on the current version of itunes and ios7).

The challenge still is to know what songs are not playing vs what were playing in ios6. There is no easy way (you can delete all the songs from the library and then do a massive redownload - this will work for all songs that you purchased thru itunes acct). There is one feature that helps identify which songs may not play...for the song that is not playing on your iphone, if you touch the upper right corner while the song is playing (or so called atleast showing up on your phone screen) there is a symbol that looks like an edit screen...it will take you to the next screen that tags all songs that were purchased under the same album names...this will give you a list of those songs that "most likely" are the songs that will not play...in my case some did play but "most" didnt play.

Hope this is helpful

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 2:10 PM

There are no replies.

IOS7 Doesnt Play Songs That Played Under IOS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.