Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad GarageBand files to GB on Mac

I use to be able to save my iPad GB files and then transfer them to my mac, and open the files on my GD on my mac. I have GB 11 on my mac and have done all the latest updates. After GB for iPad received the last make over (adding 16 tracks etc.) When transfer files just as before and try to open them on my mac I now get a message that says I need to update my GB on my mac to a newer version. When I go to update it says I have the latest version?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 3:53 PM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2013 4:12 PM in response to KazMusic

I have GB 11 on my mac and have done all the latest updates.

Then you probably have GB '11, version 6.0.5.

After GB for iPad received the last make over (adding 16 tracks etc.) When transfer files just as before and try to open them on my mac I now get a message that says I need to update my GB

And on your iPad you are now having IOS 7 and GarageBand 2.?

Then you need to install GarageBand 10.0.1 on your Mac, to be able to open GarageBand projects created on your iPad. Don't replace your current GarageBand '11 by the newer version, install it in parallel. The new GarageBand release is so different, you will want to have both apps.

As HangTime said, the new version is a new program and you can purchase it from the AppStore, for free, if GarageBand '11 is installed.

iPad GarageBand files to GB on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.