Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Book: images look fine in Aperture but not in PDF preview. OS 10.9, Aperture 3.4.5

Aperture 3.4.5, OS 10.9. When making a PDF prior to ordering a book, I note that images look fine within Aperture book module, but about 10 out of 100 images look terrible in the PDF. Shall I ignore this and go ahead and order the book?

Mac Pro, Mac OS 9.0.x, Aperture 3.4.5

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 5:47 PM

10 replies

Nov 24, 2013 12:22 AM in response to woowooz

but about 10 out of 100 images look terrible in the PDF

No, don't order the book, if you do not like the pdf. Have you created the pdf from the book preview or with "print o pdf"? Yourbook will look like the official preview:

iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Perhaps the color calibation of your display needs adjusting. Or have you set "Onscreen Proofing" with a custom Color profile in Aperture?

Nov 24, 2013 6:09 AM in response to léonie

I have tried File>Print Book from the Aperture File menu, and both the Print… and Buy Book… buttons from the upper right. All are the same.

Perhaps the color calibation of your display needs adjusting. Or have you set "Onscreen Proofing" with a custom Color profile in Aperture?

It cannot be the display, because the same page contains both perfect and bad images. Her is a screen shot:User uploaded file

Nov 24, 2013 6:44 AM in response to léonie

Different cameras, different settings. Some imported as RAW, some as JPG. In the screen shot above, three were tsken with a 7D and bottom right with Canon XT. Here is the same page, from a screen shot in Aperture, where the left two become washed out when converting to PDF preview. Using "Journal" theme. No filters were applied.User uploaded file

May 6, 2014 3:17 PM in response to woowooz

Hi,

Strangely I'm now having exactly the same problem all of a sudden. I've been building the book for about a month now (I've made about 6 before without any trouble) and along the way have been producing a pdf of the book to see how it will look. Yesterday I noticed some of the images seemed to have lost colour when looking at the pdf version and then today, many pictures all of a sudden look exactly like the example you've supplied above.

I've tried shutting down my imac and restarting thinking it was a memory issue, have checked if I had any filters activated (which I don't and I haven't used filters in books before either), have tried repairing then rebuilding aperture, copying the book to a new library, new location, opening on a different mac and then printing again but none of this had any positive effect.

So from what I understand from your last post, the workaround you came up with was to revert to the original of each image that had the problem and then make the adjustments again?

Aperture Book: images look fine in Aperture but not in PDF preview. OS 10.9, Aperture 3.4.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.