Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-existent International Support for Business Customers?

I have a 64 GB Apple iPhone 5s. I am a business customer on a corproate AT&T account. I am traveling internationally in Asia. My phone sustained apparent water damage. I have purchased Apple Care Plus. When i speak to AT&T they tell me i have to basically talk to Apple for support because that is how their deal is strucutured and because Apple Care is something Apple essentially manages.

So, i call Apple. Here is what i am told. The ONLY option they offer is for me to ship my phone to a "buddy" in the US who must carry it into a store, get the situation fixed and mail it back to me. I told Apple, this whole process would take almost 7 business days and that is catastropic for me. i would be willing to pay for a new phone if they could ship to me AT MY COST and then when i returned after my business trip i would turn the old instrument in and they could refund me the difference between the Apple Care warranty price of $79 and the full price.

I am being told that Apple is not set up to do this. Is this true? Because if it is, then i have to say, that NO ONE who travels on business internationally should even think of carrying an iPhone product. Is this Apple's version of support for business customers?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 5:52 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2013 6:07 AM in response to jsaboo

jsaboo wrote:

It is about the most absurd thing i have heard. It is clear that Apple is not business-friendly at least not small business friendly. I would recommend no small business owner or anyone who travels internationally to carry any phone other than an iPhone.

Be more careful with your phone and situations like this won't happen. Like the warranty policy or not, it's up to you keep the phone safe.

Non-existent International Support for Business Customers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.