Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant send MMS using my iphone 5s . it keep on prompt me a msg "MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message", but inside "setting/message" there's no button for me to ON the SMS/MMS. pls help. Thks

I cant send MMS using my iphone 5s . it keep on prompt me a msg "MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message", but inside "setting/message" there's no button for me to ON the SMS/MMS. pls help. Thks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 6:19 PM

17 replies

Apr 7, 2017 12:18 PM in response to hilutoo

I hadn't this same problem. The MMS does not appear when it's no enabled through your carrier. After updates, they often have to be reset. Check your carrier, mine (Ting) has a full explanation of how to reset your settings in:

Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options. -> Cellular Data

Network ->

Reset these and put in whatever your carrier says it needs.

Oct 27, 2015 10:37 AM in response to hilutoo

I have purchased a brand new iIPHONE6 via amazon uk,tried sending MMS not working,got the settings from my carrier here in Croatia and got everything set up but when trying to send message same thing please enable MMS in settings i go to settings there is no MMS enable option at all,rang the carrier they are saying you may have a problem you purchased a phone in another country,so what???It was unlocked,brand new under warranty,it should work,not to say that my airdrop feature is frozen-not responding,after upgrading to iOS 9.0.0 my incoming sounds are 70 % gone,GMAIL,WHATS'UP.FACEBOOK MESSENGER,VIBER all sometimes make a sound sometimes not,apple is saying talk to you provider,my provider is saying talk to apple......tried reseting,backing to factory settings but with no luck,major issues,major problems that I am not sure how to fix.

Oct 4, 2016 7:27 AM in response to reynaldonegrete

OK, I have these options under settings-cellular-cellular data options-cellular data network

there is the mms choice with

apn

username

password

mmsc

mms proxy

mms max message size

mms ua prof url

what did you do? If I click on them my keyboard pops up.

I Tried turning off iMessage then turning it back on. No help. iPhone 5s just updated to 10.0.2

it worked the last time I sent a text. I rarely use the phone so I can't say it is because I updated software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.